1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct TV Record on Toshiba TV 36ZP18P

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by danoli, Apr 20, 2005.

1. danoli

danoli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Panasonic E95H DVD recorder connected to a Toshiba 36XP18P TV and cannot get the Direct Record function to work. I do not have my manual for the TV so not sure if it even supports it even though it is fairly new. Does anyone know if this is a feature of my TV and if so how to set it up.

My original thread on this is at http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1619839

2. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not much help to you, but my Tosh Strata (28ZT29) won't work with Direct Record, even though it's supposed to and the manual says it does. A display comes up with "Not Recording - Other Error"

Somewhere in the set-up menu, under AV connections there is an option, but I'm afraid I can't remember what it's called!

Finally on my Tosh, only AV2 is Smartlink compatible and since yours is older, this may also be the case.

3. Mike@#36

Mike@#36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Me again!,
    Only a thought but try using the AV3 socket on your TV instead of the AV2. Read somewhere that with Toshibas only the AV3 has In & Out, whereas the AV1&2 are just In.

Sounds daft but simpler things have worked. (Are there any clues about these sockets in the instruction manual)

4. danoli

danoli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mike@#36

I will try that tonight, it sounds feasable. I cannot find the instruction manual anywhere so cannot check and Toshiba do not have this model available for download for some reason. I have emailed them to see if then can help.