Direct TV Record on Toshiba TV 36ZP18P

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by danoli, Apr 20, 2005.

1. danoli

danoli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Panasonic E95H DVD recorder connected to a Toshiba 36XP18P TV and cannot get the Direct Record function to work. I do not have my manual for the TV so not sure if it even supports it even though it is fairly new. Does anyone know if this is a feature of my TV and if so how to set it up.

My original thread on this is at http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1619839

2. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not much help to you, but my Tosh Strata (28ZT29) won't work with Direct Record, even though it's supposed to and the manual says it does. A display comes up with "Not Recording - Other Error"

Somewhere in the set-up menu, under AV connections there is an option, but I'm afraid I can't remember what it's called!

Finally on my Tosh, only AV2 is Smartlink compatible and since yours is older, this may also be the case.

3. Mike@#36

Mike@#36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Me again!,
    Only a thought but try using the AV3 socket on your TV instead of the AV2. Read somewhere that with Toshibas only the AV3 has In & Out, whereas the AV1&2 are just In.

Sounds daft but simpler things have worked. (Are there any clues about these sockets in the instruction manual)

4. danoli

danoli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mike@#36

I will try that tonight, it sounds feasable. I cannot find the instruction manual anywhere so cannot check and Toshiba do not have this model available for download for some reason. I have emailed them to see if then can help.