Question Dirac live- HIGHLIMITHZ

indus

Distinguished Member
Hi
I use a mini dsp drca 88a which has dirac live. I want to try limiting the correction to below 500hz to see if I prefer it. I gather you can click and drag the curtain to do that but try as I may I can't manage that on my mac ie it won't drag.

Is the other way to change the HILIMITHZ number on the text file?

Thanks

indus

Distinguished Member
Try deleting any anchor points above the frequency you want to limit.

Hi
You mean delete the anchor points and then drag the curtains?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 39241

Yes, I think the minidsp is using Dirac v1, so from memory you have to right click on the anchor points and delete them, then you should be able to pull the right curtain across. Rather than go for exactly 500hz, you could try picking a point on the curve where it changes from being very bumpy, to a bit smoother.

indus

Distinguished Member
Yes, I think the minidsp is using Dirac v1, so from memory you have to right click on the anchor points and delete them, then you should be able to pull the right curtain across. Rather than go for exactly 500hz, you could try picking a point on the curve where it changes from being very bumpy, to a bit smoother.

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 15.11.12.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 15.11.50.png

Thanks. These are the curves, first one is centre channel and second one is L and R. Any suggestions where I should cut?

Cheers

D

Deleted member 39241

You have some peaks around 3k, so you may prefer a more fuller range Dirac, but worth trying some different things. I would suggest cutting it at 800hz for the centre, just after that big peak at 700. And for the L and R you could try arond 400hz, just after that big null at 400.

indus

Distinguished Member
You have some peaks around 3k, so you may prefer a more fuller range Dirac, but worth trying some different things. I would suggest cutting it at 800hz for the centre, just after that big peak at 700. And for the L and R you could try arond 400hz, just after that big null at 400.

Thanks, will try that today!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom