Dipolor &Bipolor

• Thread starter soulbrother michael
  • Start date
S

soulbrother michael

Please could someone explain the differences between these two surround speaker types

And dipoles tend to be a lot more expensive

hi Jase ,you seam to know a bit about surround speakers,what i want to know is do i replace my mission 771's for bipolors and also use a second pair of bi's on the side walls or would it be ok to keep my 771's and only get one set of bi's.I think i would obtain a more direct rear sound if i kept them is this correct ?.I will be primarily watching movies

Hi

Are you using a Denon receiver (3801/2)??

If you are, you have the option of having a 2nd set of surround speakers (surround B). So you could get 2 pairs of bipoles, one pair as Surround A, the other pair as rear centres and keep your 771´s as Surround B (for multichannel music)

Or just get 1 pair of bipoles and use them at the sides keeping the 771´s as rear centres. Personally, I´d go this route. This would work well if you have another type of amp/receiver that has the rear centre channel/s.

Playing around with the different combos is the best help I can suggest as different systems sound different to each person!!

hope this helps

cheers

Thanks for the info Jase,when you say "multichannel music" do you mean dvd audio,or a dts concert ,by the way i have the 3802

For multichannel music either music dvds, DTS cd´s, dvd-audio or just using the 5/7 channel stereo mode.

On the Denon you can also specify surround A & B together if you want and have them all running!

If you do have different speakers as surround A & B remember you have to set the channel levels up for each set i.e channel levels for surround A, levels for B & levels for A/B. Its done at the main setup menu.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom