dipole surround speakers/centre

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fatrich, Jun 21, 2001.

1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    can anyone please help me,

Kit: acoustic energy 109 (front)
    acoustic energy centre
    acoustic energy aegis one (rear)
    Pioneer vsa-e07 (thx ultra amp)

My problem is i would like to change the rears for a pair of b&w ds6 can anyone tell me if they should be side wall mounted or rear wall mounted? and also i am thinking of changing my centre for a better speaker maybe the b&w lcr6 the only problem is i do like my front ae109's and don't really want to change them just yet.Will voice matching be a problem if i mix the 109's with the lcr6? or can anyone suggest a better mix of centre and rears that will match the front 109's.

thankyou

fatrich

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The best match for the center would be another AE109. :D

But seriously: matching different brands is not advisable, so you may consider changing the fronts sooner or later, too.

As for the DS6 (again and again ...): they are limited in the upper frequency (up to 8kHz only) and are therefore IMHO not suitable for DD/DTS or multi-channel music.
    Which doesn't mean they are bad, but rather 'technically limited' ... though in the end it's your call.