Dinotopia

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not having seen any previous clips etc, i gave this program about 30mins worth of 'benefit of the doubt'.............and i guess the final coffin nail, was finding out the dinosaurs could talk, read etc

Okay, i guess this is meant for kids (even an insult to some of them i imagine), but then why put it on at 7:00pm on a sunday night? - even the abysmal 'relic hunter' is safetly out of the way in a 4:00pm slot.

dean

Did the main talking dinosaurs remind you a bit of Jar Jar Binks ?

A cross between Jar Jar Binks and C3PO.

I was amazed when I saw those leather-clad, helmeted pterodactyl riders, not to mention the plot point about people being spiritually bonded for life with newly-hatched dinosaurs: both come straight from the Anne McCaffrey "Dragon" books.

"Dragonflight" the first book in the McCaffrey series would have made a far better serial, with its infinitely superior plotting and characterisation; Dinotopia is strictly by-the-numbers.

Once again, all that money and effort and such a depressing result.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

I managed about 15 minutes before I couldn't stand the stink any longer.

Originally posted by Bert Coules

I was amazed when I saw those leather-clad, helmeted pterodactyl riders, not to mention the plot point about people being spiritually bonded for life with newly-hatched dinosaurs: both come straight from the Anne McCaffrey "Dragon" books.

"Dragonflight" the first book in the McCaffrey series would have made a far better serial,
www.bertcoules.co.uk
Hi Bert are her book any good?

The original Dragon trilogy is very good. I'd advise you to try Dragonflight and see if it's to your taste. Some readers find the character names (which are a little odd) a bit of a stumbling-block, but I can't say they bothered me.

McCaffrey has tried for years to get a film version off the ground; I'm surprised that none of the studios have gone for the idea.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

I've read Rowan by her, and pegasus something, very good, but no Terrt Pratchett. I like my fantasy funny.

Well the kids enjoyed it

Wrong time spot though .Would have been better earlier in the day for younger children

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom