Dino Dini's Kick Off Revival - Out 17th June 2016

Remote play to the Vita works well on this.

Loving this game at the moment, to the point it's the only game I'm interested in playing on my PS4. The Leaderboards, although make little sense to me, are strangely addictive. I got to 62nd, then on the same day was down to around 300 odd.
Add me if anyone fancies some games. PSN: hotspur77

Thanks for the games yesterday hotspur77. It didn't help playing one of the games thinking I was the other team ! Better still. When I realised who I was for the next game the score was even worse.

A quick question on set pieces. If I am kicking up the pitch and have a free kick in my own half. What the required controls to produce to long lofted clearance ?

Thanks for the games yesterday hotspur77. It didn't help playing one of the games thinking I was the other team ! Better still. When I realised who I was for the next game the score was even worse.

A quick question on set pieces. If I am kicking up the pitch and have a free kick in my own half. What the required controls to produce to long lofted clearance ?

Yeah I laughed when I saw your message about the wrong teams. lol

No idea what I'm doing on set pieces. The amount of corners I've kicked straight off is laughable. I've noticed that nearly everyone I play takes a massive run up before taking any set piece so I tend to do that. Other than that I just press X.

Set pieces are the same controls as any other kicks, it's just that pressing the button starts the run up. It's best to just sort a direction, hit X and let it get on with the kick to see how the timing works, then start messing about with other controls as the ball is being hit.

Had some great games with hotspur last night. Feel a bit bruised this morning as he hacked me all over the park :)

On 2 occasions he should of beat me but I managed to grab an equaliser in injury time. Sorry about that mate ;)

Had some great games with hotspur last night. Feel a bit bruised this morning as he hacked me all over the park :)

On 2 occasions he should of beat me but I managed to grab an equaliser in injury time. Sorry about that mate ;)

Great games mate. Apologies for all the fouling. I need to be more controlled. Lots of those games were goalfests with a couple of 4-4 draws. Hopefully catch you again soon.

Last edited:
Great games mate. Apologies for all the fouling. I need to be more controlled. Lots of those games were goalfests with a couple of 4-4 draws. Hopefully catch you again soon.

Nah don't worry about it. I was foul crazy myself before I started to hang back with it. I only tend to slide now when I think it's a guaranteed tackle.

But yeah great games. We had 3 x 4-4 draws. 2 of those you should of won as I equalised in injury time. You deffo should of bagged the win when you went 3-0 up in that one game.

Fairly evenly matched though. Good stuff.

So first (and only) online game I've managed was a 2-2 draw, really well balanced I thought - I think I had more chances but it wasn't one-sided for either player which was nice. Here's a couple goals I scored (not from online);

From own half

Nice control

By the way, my daughter is hooked (she's 14) she usually plays as France and myself as Albania and we have a right laugh!

@hotspur77 - good game last night mate - you scored both the best goals, shame one was a OG!! :rotfl:

Yeah really good game. I'm looking for revenge next time.

Also had a game with @Mexico Man he was on the Vita in the first half so more difficult for him. He switched at half time to his pad and had a much better second half.

I think I only won 1 game last night. 6-3 against a fella who was ranked 21st. Was happy with that one.

Yeah really good game. I'm looking for revenge next time.

Also had a game with @Mexico Man he was on the Vita in the first half so more difficult for him. He switched at half time to his pad and had a much better second half.

I think I only won 1 game last night. 6-3 against a fella who was ranked 21st. Was happy with that one.

The ranking is really weird - before the game I was ranked just above you (both in the 500's) yet I only ever played one game. After the game I couldn't see my (or your) ranks at all!?

Could you hear me babbling during the game (out of interest?) - you need to get a headset when playing this game - it'd really add to the fun element, I was in stitches half the time!

Also, did you experience any lag? I was getting really odd lag from time to time. I need to edit your OG :D

The ranking is really weird - before the game I was ranked just above you (both in the 500's) yet I only ever played one game. After the game I couldn't see my (or your) ranks at all!?

Could you hear me babbling during the game (out of interest?) - you need to get a headset when playing this game - it'd really add to the fun element, I was in stitches half the time!

Also, did you experience any lag? I was getting really odd lag from time to time. I need to edit your OG :D

Yeah the ranking makes no sense to me. It would be good if they had, number of games played, wins, draws and losses.

I didn't hear you mate. I have got a headset but didn't bother with it last night. I'll dig it out for next time.

I got a bit of lag. I've also had a few disconnections. Not sure if me or at the other end.

Please don't put the OG on here. :rotfl::rotfl:
I was tring to slide it off for a corner but the ball came straight to my feet and I hit the top corner. Nice goal if it would have been at the right end.

The only issue I have this this game is that it's too easy to make a mistake that might cost you a match. That OG you got last night was a killer - overall you seemed to dominate but I feel I created the better chances - having said that I think my keeper played a blinder and I could easily have lost.

Look forward to the grudge rematch :D

The only issue I have this this game is that it's too easy to make a mistake that might cost you a match. That OG you got last night was a killer - overall you seemed to dominate but I feel I created the better chances - having said that I think my keeper played a blinder and I could easily have lost.

Look forward to the grudge rematch :D

I like that fact though. It keeps you on your toes and it also means the best players can and will lose, as it's almost impossible to go a whole game without making a few mistakes.

anyone wanting a game add me - goonergaz

I don't get on much but if I see you online will try give you a game :)

With regard to the Vita release. I had this reply from the great man himself "We are aiming for September, will be cross buy and *hopefully* cross play". I might be able to pass the ball by then.

I know the first patch was scheduled for around 20th July - Did that happen and has it smoothed out the experience at all ?
I will be picking it up - just gathering some GAME credit to turn into PSN voucher !

I know the first patch was scheduled for around 20th July - Did that happen and has it smoothed out the experience at all ?
I will be picking it up - just gathering some GAME credit to turn into PSN voucher !

No patch yet. I suspect it is certification as Dino has taken a break for a few days.

Got up to 10th on the Leaderboard over the weekend. Fell back down to around 70ish by last night.
Love this game. Looking forward to the patch (except yellow and red cards lol).

Not really hooked by this to be honest. Only played a handful of games so I'll just list my thoughts:

- I didn't expect AAA, but the graphics are shocking. No real character to anything
- The music! Awful and doesn't fit at all
- There needs to be a way to skip the intro of the players walking onto the pitch and standing around
- Sound effects are mobile-esqe, maybe even worse
- General gameplay seems alright, similar to how I remember Kick Off 2 playing. Very difficult to dribble. I'm not sure I'll ever cross the ball.

It feels massively unfinished. The lack of cards alone isn't a good start. Then there's no career mode, no clubs, no editing, just a general lack of ... polish. I know there's patches to add stuff but I don't think the game should have been released in this state really (even though some people here love it as it is).

The positioning of the players is stupid too... like the YT clip above, one ball in the box and there are 4 (offside BTW) attackers just standing in the box with no defender in sight. Looks rubbish, cant believe how forgiving people are being with it tbh.

Also, given how amazing Kick Off 2, Goal! and especially Player Manager were, I cant believe for one minute Dino Dini thinks this game is any good at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom