1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DING DING!!! ROYAL RUMBLE.CANON XL2 Vs Panasonic AG-DVX100A Vs SonyHDR-FX1

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by lonelyleap, Jun 9, 2005.

1. lonelyleap

lonelyleap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK been debating this with colleagues too long need definitive proof and backup but i won't bias this debate yet!!

Royal rumble time, only the heavy weights allowed- other worthy contenders welcome. Professional dv camera users with experience... step up!!!

Who wins the battle, who's left standing after at the end, strong in all departments whilst the others whimper and are destroyed, able to claim the prize as best all round big boy semi pro dv camera IN THE WORLD....?

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the sony HDV in favour of the Canon XL2, I used XL1 & XL1s for a few years, and really got on with them, but the Sony comes close in terms of how tactile it is, and if you are going to spend 3k on a camcorder it seems daft to buy something with a limited shelflife.

Other users praise the superior frame modes in the panny and canon, I rarely use progressive and have always been in the habit of doing it in post rather than originating with progressive on (u can't undo it, & it doesn't suit every subject).

I never really warmed to the Panasonic, despite being a long time user of DVCPRO, it didn't really add much to the XM2 I was happily running, where the FX camera did.

I would buy the sony and a beachtek breakout box (in fact I did)