Dimple Whisky

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mum showed me this bottle of Dimple whisky. She got it from my nans house when she died(that was 20+ years ago) ,and it looks a lot older than that.I can't imagine my nan buying it,so *could* have been my granddads who died in the 60s

Two questions:
Is it worth anything?
Is it a decent whisky?

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
I cannot see anything, although I didn't look too hard. After googling I was directed to the Whiskey Exchange and they have the same bottle shape/label as a 1960s vintage with fitted in with what I thought. That sells for £150.

Dimple is a blend I think rather than a single malt

Whisky is more expensive when aged in the barrel but once it has gone into the bottle then keeping it doesn't improve it ( not like some wines)
My guess is that it may even have deteriorated after that length of time

Can't see it being worth anything myself but happy to be corrected by someone who knows better

Dimple is a blend I think rather than a single malt

Whisky is more expensive when aged in the barrel but once it has gone into the bottle then keeping it doesn't improve it ( not like some wines)
My guess is that it may even have deteriorated after that length of time

Can't see it being worth anything myself but happy to be corrected by someone who knows better

As long as it is still sealed it will not "go off". I would enjoy it this xmas :smashin:

"Is it a decent whisky?"

Its fine, a Lowland Blended Malt, so not my favourite source, but its all good.
As long as its still sealed you could either sell it, or have a very nice hogmanay.
Personally, I'd quaff it with some friends who might appreciate it.
If you're not a whisky kinda person, flog it and get something else that's nice, or hold on to it for sentimental value.

Where would you sell something like this?
Would be wary of sending it through post.

On ebay if you're lucky you might get up to £80 for it (if you have the box), or more likely in the region of £35-40.

I recently got a valuation on an old whisky I have by sending a photo to [email protected]
You could try phoning them first as well.

They have several Dimple bottles for sale in the £150-£200 area. Depending on condition of the label etc. and exactly what age yours is I guess they might make you an offer.

I think my Scottish ,whisky loving uncle will be getting a nice xmas pressie:)

The Whiskey Exchange buy whisky as well - you can email then with pics for a quote

Where would you sell something like this?
Would be wary of sending it through post.

You could try your local pub. The Landlord may be interested or your local off licence may like to buy a vintage bottle.

I've never seen a Dimple bottle with whisky in it before - I remember people in the 50's used them for saving "tanners" - sixpenny bits, that is.

I expect a full bottle of tanners would be worth a fair bit!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom