Dimmable LED GU10 question

numanoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask in but need some advice.

I currently have a spotlight on the ceiling with 4 halogen bulbs. I have bought this switch

Varilight Iridium Black, LED Dimmer Switch - V-Pro Series, 2 Gang (Single), 1 or 2 Way, 250 Watt (Trailing Edge): Amazon.co.uk: Lighting

What I want to know is, can I just replace the bulbs with dimmable LED ones (philips master) and then the switch will dim them without any further modification?

I also wish to buy some wall lights. Should I buy LED ones or could I buy halogen ones and just swap the bulbs? I also want those to be dimmable on the same switch

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The minimum load requirements for this Varilight dimmer - very important for low power LED's - is 10W so you should be OK with Philips Master lights - these are the 'Rolls-Royce' . Using trailing edge dimers, you can easily add on the wall lights on the same circuit. :thumbsup:

So ass the Philips lights are 7w and there is 2 of them, does that mean they total 14w and therefore are ok with the minimum load of 10w?

Also, I want to order some of your harmony compatible lights. I have a 50 inch LG50PS3000 which is the best kit for me to order from you? The 150 or the 300? My TV will be recessed into the wall with roughly an inch gap all around. Also, do they simply plug into a mains socket?

Thanks in advance

So ass the Philips lights are 7w and there is 2 of them, does that mean they total 14w and therefore are ok with the minimum load of 10w?Thanks in advance
Yes that's right - 14W should satisfy the minimum load requirements.
On the TV backlighting, the 1500-colour kit is the only one that is Harmony compatible as it uses an IR (not RF) R/C. Regarding 30 LED/m vs. 60 LED/m strip, if the backwall behind the TV is white and you have a few cm between TV back/wall then 30/m should be OK. The power supply for the kit just uses a standard mains socket.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom