Dimensional Challenge

MJS1972

Standard Member
I currently have an Arcam AVR300 and DVD79, however I have bought new furniture and these items are too big.... school boy error! I am therefore using this to prompt an upgrade to the receiver and a move to blue ray. My challenge though is space. Ideally I'd like the units to be able to sit inside a cupboard that has 38cm of depth. The amp should support HDMI upscaling to 1080p have 2 or ideally 3 HDMI inputs and support all the latest codecs. It also must support second room speakers. The closest I can find to hitting the mark is the Harmon Kardon AVR 355 with 35cm depth but even this is too deep including the outputs at the back and the knob on the front.

The amp will be driving a 5.1 monitor audio radius setup - so nothing too big. I listen to music, DVD and PS3. I'm happy to spend between £500 and £800 on the receiver.

I've looked through 'What HiFi' and cannot seem to find anything that fits the bill. Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks, MJS

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom