Dilemma..

Called Apple.
They said because it wasn't bought from them, they wouldn't be able to swap it over..
Jack

What? That's BS.

I bought my previous iPhone a 3G from ebay it was originaly bought from O2. It developed a cosmetic fault and was in warranty.

I rang Apple and they swapped it for a new one.

What? That's BS.

I bought my previous iPhone a 3G from ebay it was originaly bought from O2. It developed a cosmetic fault and was in warranty.

I rang Apple and they swapped it for a new one.

That's weird, like I said they swapped my 3gs twice for me no problem. :rolleyes:

Did they say thhey couldn't deal with it due to the "damage"?

I think basically because it looks like the chip could be due to a user being careless, they wouldnt swap it over. I can sort of see why..
It's not a cosmetic 'fault' as such.
I have no problem sending it back to orange.
It's just the hassle of getting another one before the 17th, if I can get another one!
Jack :(

What do you guys think are the odd's of orange having any stock though??

Can't decide what to do :(
Edit I've just rung orange again..
They said that I would have to wait probably a week from them recieving the phone to being able to upgrade again :/
Thing is, my mum has alot of things going on at the moment, and the last thing she will want to do is ring orange everyday :(

I've got to weigh it up lol,
iPhone with the chip in or the hassle of sending it back and possibly not getting a new one for a while!

Last edited:
Can't decide what to do :(
Edit I've just rung orange again..
They said that I would have to wait probably a week from them recieving the phone to being able to upgrade again :/
Thing is, my mum has alot of things going on at the moment, and the last thing she will want to do is ring orange everyday :(

I've got to weigh it up lol,
iPhone with the chip in or the hassle of sending it back and possibly not getting a new one for a while!

Send it back, if you don't you're stuck with the damaged one for good which will do your head in. For the sake of maybe a couple of weeks it's well worth it.

Have you got a spare phone you could use in the meantime? If not, just buy a really cheap payg phone or something to tide you over until the new iphone replacement arrives. You can buy a micro sim adapter so you can still use your micro sim in any other handset.

Matey

I think a lot of us know how you feel... at the end of the day you're just not going to live with the damage even if no one else can see it... you know it's there. It'll bug you for ever if you don't get it fixed.

Surprised that Apple are so being so cool about swapping and if you live over an hour away... think I'd send it back to Orange and do your trip with another phone...

Two Brummies with identical advice at 12.31!

I'd take it...

Haha, you've convinced me!
Going to ring up orange in a minute :)

Just spoke to orange :)
The woman was really nice, said that if I send off the phone hopefully I would be able to upgrade from Thursday onwards, which would be good!!
They're also adding £6 to my account, to cover the postage..
Strange she didn't ask to speak to the account holder though!

Thanks for the help and advice guys :)
I'll keep you updated on what happens!
Just hope I get manage to get one now!!

Just posted it using RM SD :)
Hopefully, I will be able to upgrade by the end of this week!
Thanks for all the help guys, left thanks :)

Arghhh!
My local store has *1* 32gb in stock.
I'm so tempted just to pay for it and take out a new contract, and cancel the old one, but what are the chances of orange sending the phone back to me, I don't want to be stuck with two contracts!!

My upgrade date has gone back to 'anytime' so looks like they've processed my upgrade return :)
Now I just wish somewhere had an iPhone 32gb in stock lol :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom