Dilemma - KDFE50A12 or TH42PE50 plasma?

dragon76

Standard Member
We are split firmly in 2 camps here. One for plasma and one for the 50A12.
Has anyone who has the luxury of having both sets or had a similar dilemma let me know their thoughts :lease:

I can get both for a similar price although the Sony comes with a 5yr guarantee compared to the 1yr with the panny. Sony comes with table but Panny with a DVD recorder.

hoppaz

I would go for the sony. I would not be paying 1400 quid today for any tv which wasn't HD (which the Panasonic isn't). I have seen the Panasonic at a local AV shop and the sony at Currys. Although I didn't see them together they both had great pictures (running dvd player by component). However, the Panny is 42" and the sony 50" so in the sony you are getting a bigger tv, same picture (if not better,) and HD.

N

nismo786

Go for the Sony one mate, It's the best HD TV for the price and much better than other brands which cost £500 more than this. I bought one today and it really is impressive and better picture than Samsung DLPs.

peterho

I have got the sony and a Hitachi 7200 plasma, I find the picture and sound on the plasma more realistic but the sony is larger and hundreds of pounds cheaper,also has freeview on board.
On balance I think the sony is by far the better value but its your call demo both sets before deciding and remember the sony is future proof for HD

Top Bottom