• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dilemma - 42PX80 or 42PZ80

s8ndo

Standard Member
I can't choose between the 42PX80 and 42PZ80.

Mainly going to watch SD via cable, PS3 gaming and the occasional PS3 Blu ray movie. Sitting approx 9ft away.

Any one recommend one of these Plasma's over the other?

Thanks

stratts

Established Member
Dunno bout the PZ but I got a PX80 on Saturday and am well chuffed with it.

The PS3 and Bluerays look blimmin amazing. I think normal SD sky is gonna take some tweaking after the run in period but looks good anyway

s8ndo

Standard Member
Dunno bout the PZ but I got a PX80 on Saturday and am well chuffed with it.

The PS3 and Bluerays look blimmin amazing. I think normal SD sky is gonna take some tweaking after the run in period but looks good anyway

How much was the PX80?

stratts

Established Member
I paid 599 from currys. Not many places got any left now and they got 7 in on friday and by 11am there was only 4 left (3 after I got mine!!)

Richer Sounds say 549 on their website but no stores have any left for sale. The ones they do have are reserved and there is a waiting list if any of them do not sell!!

Last edited:

Flanners

Established Member
I had this choice to make for under £500 for the PX it was a no brainer for me an extra £300 just could not be justified for no discernable difference from where I view

djaustin

Standard Member
I can't choose between the 42PX80 and 42PZ80.

Mainly going to watch SD via cable, PS3 gaming and the occasional PS3 Blu ray movie. Sitting approx 9ft away.

Any one recommend one of these Plasma's over the other?

Thanks

PX80 - better on SD than the PZ80 and sat same distance away as you. Bought mine for £499. PZ80 differences were hard to spot in the shop, impossible when I adjusted them to both proper settings. Forget those HD previews on high contrast.

BUT.... I have just bought a Pioneer 4280xd for £850 :rotfl: and the 720p pioneer is better in all aspects except ease of use and set up. Forget 720 vs. 1080, it's the same as 10 vs. 5MP cameras. Source quality and processing are what matter most.

If I had never found the Pioneer, I would have been more than happy with the PX80. Just deciding what to do with it now... Sell...Play Room...Sell...Swap projector....Sell...:rolleyes:

If you find a PX80 for 500, it is a bargain and the quality of image will impress.

s8ndo

Standard Member
PX80 - better on SD than the PZ80 and sat same distance away as you. Bought mine for £499. PZ80 differences were hard to spot in the shop, impossible when I adjusted them to both proper settings. Forget those HD previews on high contrast.

BUT.... I have just bought a Pioneer 4280xd for £850 :rotfl: and the 720p pioneer is better in all aspects except ease of use and set up. Forget 720 vs. 1080, it's the same as 10 vs. 5MP cameras. Source quality and processing are what matter most.

If I had never found the Pioneer, I would have been more than happy with the PX80. Just deciding what to do with it now... Sell...Play Room...Sell...Swap projector....Sell...:rolleyes:

If you find a PX80 for 500, it is a bargain and the quality of image will impress.

I'll buy your 42PX80 if your selling.:thumbsup:

djaustin

Standard Member
I have promised it to a colleague for first refusal. If he doesn't want it I'll post it in the ads here at the end of the week. Where are you located?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom