adetogni

Standard Member
Hi guys,
I have the chance to buy either
- Philips 37PF7662
- Philips 32PF9632
at a very similar price.

the 32 is the flagship model of the 32s
+ ambilight (I think is VERY cool, I would like to have it...)
+ "9" series, which is supposed to be better than "7"
+ 3ms resposne time (great for gaming)
+ 100Hz technology
- 32 instead of 37

the 37 instead has this pro/cons:
+ 37 and Full HD (while the 32 is hd ready)
- no ambilight
- "7" series

Consider that I'll see the TV from a distance of about 2/3meters (6 to 9 feet). For now I'll see mostly SD signal, with POSSIBLY some SkyHD channels (not yet sure), and Divx/Dvds (and playstation 2). In the future (1/2 years? who knows) I may move more to the full hd.
I'm not a "fanatic" of TV, but when I want to buy something I want something of quality.
BTW the only competitor IMHO of these 2 philips is the 32LX70 from Panasonic...but if I have to choose a 32, I would go for the philips due to the ambilight).

What would you buy?
(I was stuck with the 32 but the 37FullHD at the same price of the 32HDReady...is tempting)

thanks!

ChrisGgr

Yep the 37 is a bigger size,but the quality of the 9632 is something better and other class.In SD the difference was significant for the 9632.I think that is no worth the 37" 1080p.Especially when your uses are mainly SD.So in the end I suggest you the 32PFL9632

bwakker

Standard Member
Yep the 37 is a bigger size,but the quality of the 9632 is something better and other class.In SD the difference was significant for the 9632.I think that is no worth the 37" 1080p.Especially when your uses are mainly SD.So in the end I suggest you the 32PFL9632

I bought the 42pfl9732, even for mostly SD. It may not be necessary, but why not? Always buy the best quality since time is too rare to waste it on second best :).

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom