Dilema

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ttdriver, May 1, 2007.

1. ttdriver

ttdriver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi All,

Got a bit of a dilema I need some help with.

I currently have an IN72 which is now sold as I want something a bit better and can produce HD. I was looking at the IN76 but managed to strike a deal on an optoma H79 which has since fallen through so my choices are;

IN76 £1000 new
    IN78 (reconditioned from infocus's ebay store with possible used bulb of up to 600 Hrs) £1150
    Optoma H74 £1400?

Anything else I should consider?

Dave

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    find out the warranty on the IN78....if its their 3 years Gold next-day onsite jobbie then i'd say go with the IN78......ok if the bulb goes you wont be covered, but when you buy a new bulb you can get a 1 year plan normally at half price for the bulb itself....

if its not their 3 year warranty then i wouldnt like to say as i have no experience.....to my mind though most of the PJ's will perform relatively similarly, so if one comes with a 3 year on-site then get that one as it saves sending the PJ away to be repaired, they just come the next working day and swap it out :)

3. ttdriver

ttdriver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hiya,

The IN78 is just a one year waranty as it is remanufactured. I just don't know what to do really.

I meant to say its the optoma H73 not 74 :oops:

4. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    I was looking at the in76 or optima models,the optima pj's seem to require heigher ceilings and larger rooms for throw and offset so i may have little choice but to go with the in76. I would hope to get an improvement over my infocus 7200 but it seems debatable if i will or not.

5. ttdriver

ttdriver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    My room size Is not a problem really as I have high ceilings etc. I just don't want to buy something without exploring all the options.