Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DILA - opinions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by keyser, Feb 25, 2004.

1. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Many like the JVC DILA´s alot over at AVS forum, has any one seen one here and what did you think?

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    They often have higher res panels than DLP or LCD but they can't match the contrast and blacks of the latest HD2+ DLPs.
    There are also issues with colour uniformity as well. See Bill Cushman's thread on the AVSforum re. shading tools.

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    there is a recent thread in the $3500+ forum...... the opinion of that thread seems very biased towards dila.....i.e. most considered that dila was superior in every way except the contrast ratios. The generaly opinions simply seems that dila offers a more realistic image. We'll have to wait for the new model (something or other 2k) and see if that evens the contrast stakes

ad

4. johnsattuk

johnsattuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a JVC D-ILA M15 with rear projection, I am using it instead of my Seleco 400, and find that the picture is very watchable, pixellation is just about discernable at a few inches from the screen,

John

5. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I find the DLP temporal dithering quite bothering, but I also don´t think the IF 5700 contrast is great either, dark scenes don´t shine at all. A D-ILA would get rid of the dithering, but would make the dark scenes even worse. Return of the king would like nice on a D-ILA, but the two towers wouldn´t.

I hope immersive use their eclipse on a D-ILA and sell it calibrated and fine tuned - no fan noise or light spill.

Wasn´t the virtuoso basicly another projector, but calibrated and fine tuned?

Gordon?

6. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was told the virtuoso was similar to the benq8700 only it was seriously modified..... but comments from gordon make me think otherwise. Maybe it was a runco model it was based on.....

ad