Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dign HV-5 - power on fails

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by wentboy, Sep 18, 2003.

1. wentboy

wentboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a Dign HV-5 case. The power button on the case has now stopped working. It is connected to the LCD / IR receiver, which is then connected to the motherboard.

Power On via the remote works OK. When I press power on the case the LCD displays 'Power On' but nothing happens. If I plug the Power button directly into the motherboard then it works, but obviously the remote power on is disabled.

Any suggestions or do i need a new IR receiver / LCD board.......

2. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    were did you get it from? is it under warranty?

3. wentboy

wentboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got it from a german supplier (www.benedictus-shop.de) only a couple of months ago. I've sent them an email but Im not counting on them helping me out.......

4. RAMiAM

RAMiAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    This may sound really obvious but are you sure that you don't have the 'Mode' button set to HDTV instead of PC as the Power Button will normally only work in PC Mode.

Hope this doesn't offend but sometimes it's the obvious ones that always get us :)

5. wentboy

wentboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks... you were right. I always think it has to be something complicated, plus I don't use the HDTV mode... I must have knocked it!

thanks