Dign confirmation!

buns

Ex Member
Reaction score
At last! In my inbox I have a final confirmation! Couple of weeks hopefully we will have them! Now to decide which psu! :D

Ad

Nothing here yet.

Got mine too!:)

Originally posted by buns
At last! In my inbox I have a final confirmation! Couple of weeks hopefully we will have them! Now to decide which psu! :D

Ad

Cmon, you should know by now.... EnermaX!!

Steve

Originally posted by Couch Potato

Cmon, you should know by now.... EnermaX!!

Steve

But there was the new range cae out a short while ago! I havent seen anyone compare the two!

Ad

I got my Email from Thomas too. Someone on AVS was commenting that Enermax are actually pretty noisey, what about the ones from quietpc.com?

I am gonna go for

Soundcard = Terratec DMX 6Fire LT
HDD = IBM 120Gb (they are cheap!)
DVD = Pioneer A04 DVD-RW
Processor = definatley P4 probably 2.0Ghz
Graphics - not sure (maybe 9000 - but worried about TV out quality)
PSU - not sure
Motherboard - not sure

** Any advice or comment is welcomed!!!

BTW: Its gonna look stunning next to my Arcam AVR100 amp!!!! yippe!!!!!!!

LEFT.JPG

quietpc are supposed to be lower grade than enermax. So what about this new whisper series???

ad

Buns,

who makes the new whisper ones? any link? may be worth asking the guys on AVS for an opinion.

I too am looking forward to my DIGN case.

I have an Enermax power supply in my PC, but TBH it's not that quiet.

It's just a shame I can't afford to build my HTPC yet - it'll look good in the rack empty though :)

But where to get a matching silver DVD-ROM drive?

I've use the "Scan"(.co.uk) PSU with my silver coolermaster desktop HTPC case.

350W CWT Quiet Dual Fan Version AMD/P4 Approved Active Fan Control, Active PFC

£34.08 inc VAT

I can comfirm they are near silent, and you are not paying any premium as well.

I also use the

Coolermaster HHC-L61 Delta Heat Pipe Radiator - With Silent Fan -

£26.44 inc VAT

And again was amazed how near silent this CPU fan is!

The custom stuff available elsewhere may or may not be quieter than the above stuff, but with the three other case fans running as well (total 7 fans-2xPSU-1xCPU-1xVGA-3xcase), my Quadscan Elites single fan is louder!!!;)

The new Enermax PSUs have built in fan speed control, making them as quiet as you want them to be.

Jeff,

What about the quality of the supply though?

ad

That case is really posh looking!
Where can i find the specs/price etc?
I just love that blue display.

I have fitted a Gieger display in my case for the time being, but it doesn't really do anything apart from show clock speeds etc.

As soon as something like the Dign type display becomes available with software for the Theatertek player i will upgrade it. (I've heard rumours that is what TT is working on)

htpc1.jpg

htpc2.jpg

Hello Buns,

The Enermax EG651P-VE(FMA) is a quality product.

link here

Expensive but worth it.

I have one ready and waiting for my DIGN case :)

A quailty PSU has a smoother DC output than some cheapy thing with a quiet fan installed.

Mark.

Fulabeer,

We have the cases coming through an avs powerbuy, i think exotic pcs do them, but i dont know the addy! I think they were selling them at $250 ish

Mark:

That is way way alot! What am i gaining above using the smallest in the series, im only running a bare bones set up with celeron!

ad

Maybe I'll go for the big boy later! Thanks Mark.

ad

But for a Home Cinema wouldn't it be best to go for a smaller PSU which will generate less heat?

After all, for what you use it for you wouldn't need all the components and horsepower of a fast PC.

GagHalfrunt-

You can get silver, black or normal DVD/CD RW drives at www.kustompcs.co.uk for about £47 - £66 depending on which make you go for. Ie, Pioneer 106 is there, and bezels to for people with Lian Li cases. I think I also saw bezels at Dabs too.

I have the Enermax 430w version with temp control........and thb its the best and quietest psu ive ever had....the only thing i can hear in my rig is the whine of the fan on my gfx card and the Hdd...... nice bit of kit..

Guys,
I was wondering if we all payed Thomas the same amount for our cases - several people were commenting that the powerbuy was cheap but I don't think it was that cheap,

I had the New Case, VFD and UK Shipping,

Amount Charged to my CC by Paypal in sterling £183.68

Was yours around the same,

Chris.

Has anyone actually got one of these yet?
I am considering a bulk order, but really don't want to be waiting around for them.

No one would have them, they only arrived with thomas 2 days ago.

£200 seems a reasonable price for such a high quality job, there are many available at much much more.

Some of us duid end up paying more than necessary since we ordered the new case, but then they were all upgraded foc....grrr! :D

ad

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom