1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DigiTV Network setup

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Digger, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    I am having some trouble getting my Nebula Digitv client to see the server, and vice-versa (obviously). Everything is setup as i believe it should be. client is a wireless laptop, and all running through a Netgear wireless router with port forwarding enabled. File-sharing / ping etc works just fine. I tried multicasting option too. I have turned off XP firewall too.
    I cannot even specify the Digitv Server's IP address as the option is grayed out as the software looks for it automatically. If i could just get in there and change it I am sure it would work.

cheers
    Dave

2. Gazebo2

Gazebo2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I can suggest is:
    - set the multicasting option on server - turn off.
    - set the client to be a client and select multicast and turn off.
    - turn on server
    - turn on client - if server is not found then set the network options to client and multicasting again.

If this doesn't work, check the versions of the software - the only problem I had recently was when my server sneakily updated itself to a new version of the software which was incompatible with the old version on the client.

3. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Ok...thanks for the reply Gazebo...got it working finally...but no video...dont think my laptop's 3 yr old Intel 82830M graphics chipset is up to the task.

I will check with Nebula next week though...I might still be missing a trick here...