1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digitizing on a JVC GR-DV700

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Boogie Badman, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Boogie Badman

Boogie Badman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Has anyone tried to feed an analog signal into the camcorder to digitize it?
    The manual says you can do it but when I follow the instructions, it doesn't!

Any ideas?

2. virgola

virgola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It *should* do it ! It can also act as an A/D converter (without recording the tape). For this purpose it must be in VCR mode and without tape inside.

3. Boogie Badman

Boogie Badman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Figured it out, the scart block I was using (supplied by JVC) is not bidirectional - I'm off to Maplin to get some adapters.

4. dq1967

dq1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had to jump through hoops to record into the analogue inputs of the DV700. I tried 2 different VCR's and ended up having to buy a new Panasonic VHS deck. Worth my while, because I've loads to do. The camera seems to be quite particular about the stability of the video output from the VHS. Results digitised straight through to PC via firewire and burnt to DVD very good so far, although time consuming.

good luck ;)