Digitheatre 5.1 signal from DVD and Sky+

Pete

Standard Member
Having problems with my digitheatre and DVD and sky+. Dvd is connected with coaxiel connection and sky+ with the optical. Getting 5.1 on sky+ with dvd in standby, but cannot get any sound from DVD when sky+ is on standby. Checked Digitheatre's FAQ's which say that you cannot receive two digital inputs at same time, but surely if sky+ is on standy, I'm only receiving the one digital input, i.e my dvd.
At present, the only way I can get 5.1 on my dvd is to disconnect the optical cable, from my Sky+. Is there any way round this?
Also read an earlier reply from Starburst which said that sky+ doesn't send a signal via optical when in standby mode. If this is correct, then surely I shouldn't have a problem. Sorry for long post, but please help!

Starburst

Distinguished Member
SKY+ did use to output data on the optical connection at all times.
It was considered to be a bug which was fixed in the last software update a few months ago(OS= 1.3.0b5 _ EPG= 1.23.k).

Pete

Standard Member
Starburst, anyone ever told you you're a genius? Thanks for taking the time to reply, forced a software update (didn't know how, until I read these forums) and bob's your uncle, no longer getting a signal from optical in standby! Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom