Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Digitally remastering film

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Cliff, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Cliff

Cliff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,141
    Does anyone know of a program that can clean up film. I used to be quite a movie enthusiast and have many super 8 films shot at 18fps and 24fps. I see many commercial films being remastered - can this be done at home?
    My transfer process at present uses a DC10plus card. I use studio 7 or Premier, Avisynth and TMPGE and have burnt SVCDs. I will eventually buy a DVD writer and burn some disks.
    Any thoughts?

2. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I beleive some of the filters in TMPGenc can help clean up footage, but they're a mystery to me so I can't advise which. Maybe play around with them on a short clip

3. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    You have Premiere, have a look at some of the plug-ins you can get for that. Of course you realise cleaning up the film is likely to be a frame by frame job that would take 100s of hours of manually painting out the dirt etc.

4. Cliff

Cliff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,141
    Actually I wasn't intending on cleaning up frame by frame. But colours tend to change over the years and the picture could do with a little bit of sharpening up. So I was looking for the "broad brush" approach!