1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by richjthorpe, Dec 6, 2004.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,

Which Freeview STBs have a DVI/HDMI output ? I cannot find one at the moment.

Thanks,

Richie.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I do not believe there are any at this point with either dvi or hdmi - your best option would be to get a convertor

3. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It's not that I want to use a converter just that it seems a little strange to convert a digital signal to analogue for it to be converted back to digital for Plasmas and LCDs. I understand that most TVs are analogue but LCDs and plasmas are really making a move now that companies should capitalise on this by getting a better picture using digital straight through. Freeview already has a bit of a slow start because of the low bit rate, wouldn't something like a direct digital signal help improve picture quality and therefore increased sales in those who do not believe in Freeview ?

Richie.

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It all comes down to cost at the end of the day. They would not sell enough to justify the development and production costs.

If you want digital out you'll have to buy a modified sky+ V1 box for around £600. As far as I know that is the only option available at the moment.

Dave