1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digital video essentials

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by soulbrother, Jan 21, 2004.

1. soulbrother

soulbrother

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy this set-up disc to calibrate my new t.v,my dvd collection is about 70% ntsc and the rest pal.Should i get the R1 version or the pal ?.it might be obvious but if i set up the tv for ntsc when i play a pal disc will i be forever tweeking the picture settings,are they that different?Also does anyone know where i can get one at a good price.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    the report6s are that the dve disc is a bit of a dud...... given also that you are using a tv and not a projector/plasma I suggest that you should look for AVIA. It may cost a bit more but it is really invaluable.

ad

3. mudan

mudan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm not an expert on DVE's quality but I'd recommend searching this forum more for further opinions.

4. deckard

deckard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got DVE (PAL) and Avia. Personally I'd recommend Avia, particularly as your collection is mostly NTSC. It's easier to use and has more involved audio set up.

5. mudan

mudan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I agree with the lack of involvement in the audio section The section of setting levels with a SPL meter seems rushed and doesn't link very clearly to the reference materials section where the audio test tones are. However, the audio test tone section is well made with the on screen graphics.