Digital Video Essentials in Germany?

cribeiro

Hi! I don't know if this is the proper place to post this (I hope I don't bother moderators if they have to change it... Sorry!)... I have done a search in the forums, and decided to go for the DVE, after what I have read and compared with the Avia one. The point is I live in Germany, and I have seen the prices you quote to be much cheaper than the only one I found here... You say around 20 euro, while I found it here for more than 40... Is there anybody who can tell me where to buy it cheap in Germany? Shall I better order it from UK?
I hope you can help, thanks,

Alberto

cribeiro

Thanks! No delivery charges? Amazing! That means I'd pay plainly the 15 pounds, or are there any extra costs? Is this the best actual offer you can find?

edit: Ok, second question was answered while I wrote that...

cribeiro

I tried dvdsoon, but it looks like a canadian site... How much is a canadian dollar in euros?? They quote 30.91 $ (canadian) but I don't know how much that is...
Maybe there is another dvdsoon...

cribeiro

Hi again.
Reiner, thanks... I didn't know where to put it. I am sorry.
CIMPSA, the price now in www.spashdvd.com (I suppose you refer to that), is 13 pounds, plus one to get it in Germany... I did a search here, and that special offer was for a very short time... Do you expect something like that will happen again?

CIMPSA

Standard Member
cribeiro, if I were you, I´ll get it from Play, considering how unreliable splash is at the moment.

By the way, be aware that I find DVE quite difficult to follow (technnical language in english), and also very user-unfriendly menus.

I think there is an spanish version (I found out after I bought mine). Have a look in some of the spanish internet retailers.

cribeiro

Ok, thanks for the advice. I am not afraid of the technical english, I work in english daily (ok, BROKEN english...). Anyway, I agree it would be better to have it in my mother tonge.
I will try to find it, and I'll avoid splash...

paul1672

on the dvdsoon website bring up the digita video essentials item and then click on the price of the disc and it will bring up a currency convertor to allow you to convert the price into several different currency's including euro's.
no need to look for a currency convertor elsewhere.
hope that helps.

paul1672

by the way,dvdsoon is reliable in case your wondering.
i've ordered over 50 dvd's from them and they usually arrive within 1 week of being posted.

Gary D

Distinguished Member
i got a copy of this a couple of weeks ago, its not bad, but it seeems to be a bit OTT in its descriptions of the tests. Indeed in some places i forgot what test i was meant to be doing and had to watch the the intro again. Also its not very friendly to navigate. But it got the job done.

Also think about buying a Sound Level Meter without one most of the audio tests are pretty pointless.

Gary

cribeiro

Thanks. The spl meter had already been ordered, I am waiting for it since almost 1 week...
I don't understand why then is it better regarded the DVE than the Avia... I decided to go for the DVE after searching opinions here... I think also that Avia is much more expensive than DVE, right?

Messiah

DVE has been designed specifically for digital display devices whereas AVIA was designed for analogue CRT sets.

Saying all that though, I find DVE an absolute nightnare to navigate so much so I could just not recommend it to anyone. How anyone could release a DVD with such appalling navigation is totally beyond me.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom