1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Video Essentials - how to go about it

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by s3marc, Aug 24, 2005.

1. s3marc

s3marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have ordered the DVE dvd and was wondering if anyone has any pointers or observations on how to use it in combination with an LCD tv (what tests to ignore for instance). And any advice with regard a Loewe Xelos and calibrating it.

TIA

Marc

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Best advice I can give, is put in in the DVD player and watch it all the way through.
    You can choose between basic calibration and advanced , plus audio calibration. Watch it and it will tell you what to do and when as you go through it. :)

3. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  4. s3marc

s3marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    it is the colour/brightness and contrast which are most intesting to me.

The loewe, and i presume most other LCD tvs, can adjust green/red/blue separately and there are various other settings that can be adjusted. i dont know what some of them even mean - i will probably be posting some questions on this later. i intent to write down the initial values so that they are not lost.

The only thing I had to say at present is that this disk will only give the correct settings for the dvd - the sky+ box has completely different input levels , do sky have any channels with 'test cards' on them, to allow some sort of calibration.