Digital TV's timer can't stop recorder

Z

Zetec

I have a panasonic digital TV connected to a pioneer DVD recorder and I want to use the timer in the TV via Qlink to switch on/off the recorder. Unfortunately the timer can only switch on the recorder but can not switch off at the end of the timer. Can anyone help to resolve this issue?

eddyad

Novice Member
Zetec said:
I have a panasonic digital TV connected to a pioneer DVD recorder and I want to use the timer in the TV via Qlink to switch on/off the recorder. Unfortunately the timer can only switch on the recorder but can not switch off at the end of the timer. Can anyone help to resolve this issue?
I assume you have the recorder set to AutoStart. If so, cessation of the signal from the TV should stop it.
I don't know anything about Panasonic TV timers, but the timer controlled signal may not cease if the TV is turned on either all the time or during the timer event.
Have you checked you are using the correct TV scart for timer controlled events?

JethroUK

Novice Member
for the sake of £30 (and switching TV on/off) - would it not be better to buy it a dedicated freeview tuner (with timer) - then you can watch whilst you record too

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom