digital tv & panny DMR-E85 tuning probs UK

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by michaeljuffs, Jul 19, 2004.

1. michaeljuffs

michaeljuffs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a Panasonic DMR-E85 HEBS which I have a tuning problem with. My Sony TV has a built in digital decoder but the panny wont record anything from any of the supplementary channels when set on timer-I just get a fuzzy screen. Now it is picking up a digital signal for the 'terrestrial' channels I can tell from the picture quality but nowt else. I have one scart going from TV to recorder and the aerial inputs via the recorder first (I have tried into TV first to no avail). The manual is hard hard work and makes no provision for built in decoders which is odd as Panasonic manufacture some also.

Any help most GRATEFULLY received. Aprt from that am impressed by build quality and the total silence of the drive, but complete lack of even one blank disk, gibberish manual, and lack of free scart is mean, mean,mean
    Cheers
    Mike :rolleyes:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    What video signal is your TV outputting? Composite, S-Video or RGB? If your not sure you need to check your TV manual and ensure the AV2 input is set to the appropriate setting in your E85's setup menu.

How are you currently connected? It should be something along the lines of:

TV OUT > AV2 on the Panasonic E85

...and then...

AV1 on the Panasonic E85 > TV RGB input
    (or alternatively the component output to component input on your TV).