1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital TV on PC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jmjm, Jan 27, 2003.

1. jmjm

jmjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have just bought a new PC which has a Radeon 9700 with TV out. I want to watch digital TV on the flat scren monitor. I was thinking of adding one of the hauppauge winTV cards to achieve this. Can someone tell me how I should choose between the digital satellite cards (WinTV Nexus-s and WinTV Nova - difference??) or the digital terrestial card (WinTV Nova-t (PCI)).

I appreciate that the digital terrestial card will plug into the aerial and give me the standard freeview channels. But I have a Sky dish for the TV downstairs with a Sky subscription. So could I use the digital satellite card to connect to this, or does this involve a whole new internet-based subscription?

Alternatively, can I send my current Sky feed to the PC (or monitor) with an RF video sender like I currently do to the portable in the kitchen.

Also, are there any better TV cards to achieve this?

Thanks

2. Gav

Gav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Before going with a Hauppauge I'd suggest taking a look at the Nebula Electronics DigiTV PCI card / USB adaptor. The card has an analogue input too to connect to a VCR, or possibly your sky box. I haven't got one myself yet, but heard about them in the Sudhian SFF forums.

Gav