1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital TV cards in HTPCs with TAG kit

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by edward, Sep 9, 2005.

1. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Does anyone know whether the Nebula DigiTV Master PCI card can be made to work either through the TAG remote or through AV192R trickery?

What are TAG users using in their HTPCs with good effect and great compatibility with their processors? Recommendations appreciated.

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    The Nebula card has various issues with XP MCE and Pro with most front ends, the external USB variant would be the one to use if you plan to go with this model. The Black gold card is the best internal one....(as per e-mail mate)

3. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    But the user interface looks amazing. Finding the sweetspot coverage on pluggedin.tv a lot less exciting but if you say its the biz...

Think I'll have to get a paper delivery round for the extra dosh. Parts list alone for this project is running close to 2K. I wonder what Uvem will charge for putting it all toegther and making it work properly. Think I'm about to find out.

4. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Like I said privately, your looking at the thick end of £3k for the full spec but you will spend a lot of that just on the bits and UVEM know how to make it work.... How much is your own time and fustration worth to you is the question you must ask.....

5. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    BTW, the sweetspot card is purely a analogue video input card which you would need if you want to get RGB into your PC.