1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Tuner on Pioneer PDP-434HE?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Jpfahy, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know I'm being picky here, but have Pioneer made the Tuner Box on this Plasma like a Freeview Digital one?
    Going by the online manual, the menus and stuff look pretty slick so I think it's a shame if they haven't.

Are there any plans for this in the future with the analogue TV broadcasts being switched off in 2006-2010?
    I reckon that analogue signals must look pretty naff on such a big display.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    My thought precisely. The current tuner is analogue, and going on previous radio frequency sales, the 'government asset' of analogue broadcast frequencies is worth 5bn or so, that's quite a lot of doctors, or whatever. The political incentive to switch off is strong, it will happen as soon as they can justify it. Pioneer do make a digital tuner, but I hear are just making sure digital is here to stay before incorporating it into a plasma media box. They got their fingers burnt by a monkey previously after all! It is planned, but not yet done. It would remove my only serious objection to the HDE model, as long as they release th IR codes, the remote is horrid.