1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Terrestrial

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by MartinImber, Apr 26, 2002.

1. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well I wonder what will happen now - I still want an integrated DVB-T hard disk recorder with bitstream recording.

What most annoys me is the media concentrates on the bl**dy football teams and forgets the viewer.

Also it took the BBC ages to reassure their viewers that they won't loose the free-to-air.

Does it annoy anyone else about the lack of media interest and DVB-T support?

2. JohnAd

JohnAd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Martin

Absolutely agree!

The FA to their credit has done a great PR spin to get evryone felling sorry for them when in fact there is nothing to feel sorry for at all, they sold a product at too high a price that nobody wanted.

I'm glad FTA is going to go on and really hope E4 will be still availiable for a while.

I think the best we can do is just sit tight and hope someone steps in.

John

3. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If nobody had wanted it the price would not have gone so high!

It's a bit like me telling the bank I'm not going to pay the mortgage because I think the house was priced too high.

No one held a gun to ITV digitals head to buy those rights.

They got it wrong plain and simple.

4. JohnAd

JohnAd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    fartpants

Not sure your analogy really works as there are many more people in the chain than just you and the bank, what I think you're saying is that this is just a standard a business failure, I agree. All I meant was that if this were Ford going bust because they told Lucas that they would buy a load of headlights made out of gold which lucas were making loads of money on then when Ford goes bust you shouldn't feel too sorry for lucas because they are part of the overall product that failed and it is a standard business risk.

In this case the FA helped create a product that wasn't viable, it should take as much pain as ITVDigital already have. Ultimately of course the people who will take the pain is the players. But these are the players nobody wants to pay to see. So I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for them.

John