Digital Telextext

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by IanK, Dec 14, 2002.

1. IanK

IanK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why does only the BBC have teletext on digital and why is it not as good as the teletext on Analogue ?

Ian

2. bar

bar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NTL and ITV also have teletext services. However, you cannot watch or hear tv programmes while browsing!:(

I do agree with you that the service isnt as good as analogue! It is just too slow!!!!

3. IanK

IanK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bar,

Thanks for the reply.

How do I get the ITV Digital teletext then ? As we've both got Sony TV's, you'd think it would be similar !

On my KD32DX100, pressing the teletext button on ITV digital has no effect !

Cheers,

Ian

4. bar

bar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Ian,

Both NTL and Teletext are carried on their own channel. ie you dont press text while watching ITV to access it. You have to go to the appropriate channel it is stored on as if you were selecting any other channel. I cant remember what channel they are stored on but if you press your EPG button and scroll through the list you should see it listed. If you cant find it on your EPG it may not be stored and i suggest doing a rescan for channels.

As i mentioned in my previous post though, as it is on its own dedicated channel you cant watch (or hear) tv in the background unlike on BBC where you still get a quarter screen while browsing. Therefore i would stick with BBC or analogue.

I hope this helps. If you are still having problems i will let you know what channels they are stored on on my TV, as it shouldnt alter between different Sony TVs (cant check at the moment as still at work)