DIGITAL TechMart?

Read carefully before posting any links. This is what I see there:

"Have done biz. worth millions of USD over 10 years on Bank Transfers from Algeria/ Tunisia/Morocco/Chile/ Brazil/Mauritius for Textile yarns from India with customers who didn't have a great reputation and never faced a problem..."
it is sometimes difficult to sift through the many opinions and passionate rhetoric from folks with no real experience.

Call your bank instead of posting junk

"Have done biz. worth millions of USD over 10 years on Bank Transfers from Algeria/ Tunisia/Morocco/Chile/ Brazil/Mauritius for Textile yarns from India with customers who didn't have a great reputation and never faced a problem..."
it is sometimes difficult to sift through the many opinions and passionate rhetoric from folks with no real experience.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::suicide:

This is odd, it's obviously a fraudulent website, I've never seen one so obvious after I looked into it, either you're from the website (hence your rediculously large range of experience in banking :smashin:) or the fraudster is a thickit who doesn't know how to scam

Yes, and that person was talking about the receipt of funds, not the sending of. It is not simply a case of walking into your bank with a receipt but involves legal proceedings, assuming you can trace the other party.

Are you sure you're a bank manager?

Are you sure you're a bank manager?

I'm not convinced, he only appeared yesterday, and the website only appeared a day or two ago...hmmm ;)

And, since that guy who seemed to be promoting the site posted the comment on the iphone saying not to shop there which was mentioned above seems to have dissapeared mysteriously...hmmm :D

I really don't care about this site nor the garbage you wrote about me. This is so funny to see how smart you (Monarch08) are now.
I'm saying that just because I know: you can request a refund in your bank within 31 days after payment. Just call your bank and ask.

Why take risk because of slim saving? just wait another month for prices to drop, save extra £100 and buy locally.

Conclusion:
If you are so paranoid about fraud, sit and home, buy from trusted people: neighbours and friends. This way you are 100% safe and protected :smashin:

Lesson No1, if it looks too good to be true... it is.

So has this company disappeared then? Hopefully before they managed to take anyones hard earned £££ :thumbsdow

The site was still up last time I checked, and I never said I knew all about banking? where did that come from, I'm just saying it's all very fishy and your appearance on this forum is very convenient.

And I am very clever actually ;):rotfl:. I could make that website no problem, I actually did for my IT A level project (but with different products)

I am generally very trusting of internet sites as well, I make most of my purchases online in fact, but when a company, which appears to be quite large and professional, doesn't accept credit or debit cards I make sure I tread carefully, when they don't even have a secure sign-in, never mind a secure (privacy protected) payment screen I'm deffinitely not taking any risks, especially if it's too good to be true

Last edited:
More review gems from this esteemed retailer.

From Katie Brady reviewing a Sony Vaio computer:

I bought this slim stylish sony and can't stop enjoying it.

And from Amy Knight on her new iPhone:

Let me describe it in on word - FANTASTIC. I can't stop enjoying it and would definitely buy again.

From Wan*er Who about his MacBook:

Nice shop!

Apple MacBook MB404/A Black by Aleksey Zolotuhin:

Your are web-site very good, nice and simple !!!!!

More review gems from this esteemed retailer.

From Katie Brady reviewing a Sony Vaio computer:

I bought this slim stylish sony and can't stop enjoying it.

And from Amy Knight on her new iPhone:

Let me describe it in on word - FANTASTIC. I can't stop enjoying it and would definitely buy again.

From Wan*er Who about his MacBook:

Nice shop!

Apple MacBook MB404/A Black by Aleksey Zolotuhin:

Your are web-site very good, nice and simple !!!!!

Sounds like people can't stop enjoying this company and its enjoyable products. They should take McDonalds slogan and tweak it....ba da ba ba baaaaa...I'm Enjoying It.

Sounds like people can't stop enjoying this company and its enjoyable products. They should take McDonalds slogan and tweak it....ba da ba ba baaaaa...I'm Enjoying It.

ba da ba ba baaaaa...we have remarkably good feedback and no negative comments, it's unnatural...it :smashin:. I am curious to see if there is any people on this forum (who signed up before the 29th January) who have actually tried to buy anything off there

Strangely, I find myself drawn back to their website and the review section...

I've tried but I just can't stop myself enjoying it!

Strangely, I find myself drawn back to their website and the review section...

I've tried but I just can't stop myself enjoying it!

According to one review from a PS3 purchaser...

"Sony PlayStation 3 60GB Console - Got it yesterday and stood up all night playing it. Cool! Thanks guys!"

Must have sold his sofa to buy it.

All the reviews are a similar length, all 4 or 5 stars. Obviously fake.

According to one review from a PS3 purchaser...

"Sony PlayStation 3 60GB Console - Got it yesterday and stood up all night playing it. Cool! Thanks guys!"

Must have sold his sofa to buy it.

All the reviews are a similar length, all 4 or 5 stars. Obviously fake.

haha, stood up all night playing his new PS3, maybe they did actually send him the PS3, just after taking so much money from his account so that he had to sell his sofa and all his other stuff (apart from his TV obviously) to keep his house :clap:

I disagree.
you guys, got nothing better to do with your time??
almost every enthusiast here has been asked this annoying question, legit or not? I bought 52" Sony Bravia KDL-52W4000 from digitaltechmart.com, great price, prompt shipping, nice support.

I don't want to buy a plasma from Cyprus anyway, whether they're safe or not, that's a sure way to get a dodgy product, and when did you buy this TV?

nobody's forcing you to buy from Cyprus, I don't see any problem buying locally and paying VAT.

I'm quoting your previous postings:
"...I'm so tempted"
"...it's a ray of hope"
"... gone through the regristration process (with false details, I dont want them phoning me)" - what the hell you are setting up bogus account instead of actually contacting them and ask? cheap trick
"...I'm glad I didn't go for it though..." - so you wanted?!
"...I can't find an awful lot on them but it is true that Cypriut tax regaulations do mean that you can get tax free stuff from there.."
"...there's deffinitely something odd going on"- which means :I have nothing to say, but still want an extra post
"...the returns policy etc... seems fair"
"...and people have phoned them (from this forum) so they are there..."

-"...I recommend getting a blu-ray player of some sort too (even though they're expensive, maybe you could try and haggle Richer Sounds.."
-"If you have the available funds then going to Richer Sounds is always safe and easy to deal with.."
-"...get the set from Richer Sounds with a 5 year warranty"

According to your posts it seems that you work for another store.
If you can't beat TechMarts's deals, that's your problem.

nobody's forcing you to buy from Cyprus, I don't see any problem buying locally and paying VAT.

I'm quoting your previous postings:
"...I'm so tempted"
"...it's a ray of hope"
"... gone through the regristration process (with false details, I dont want them phoning me)" - what the hell you are setting up bogus account instead of actually contacting them and ask? cheap trick
"...I'm glad I didn't go for it though..." - so you wanted?!
"...I can't find an awful lot on them but it is true that Cypriut tax regaulations do mean that you can get tax free stuff from there.."
"...there's deffinitely something odd going on"- which means :I have nothing to say, but still want an extra post
"...the returns policy etc... seems fair"
"...and people have phoned them (from this forum) so they are there..."

-"...I recommend getting a blu-ray player of some sort too (even though they're expensive, maybe you could try and haggle Richer Sounds.."
-"If you have the available funds then going to Richer Sounds is always safe and easy to deal with.."
-"...get the set from Richer Sounds with a 5 year warranty"

According to your posts it seems that you work for another store.
If you can't beat TechMarts's deals, that's your problem.

I dont work for a store...well, I do, but it's a cheese shop, try and link that to Richer Sounds if you want. And initially, in the first hour or so after discovering them, I was tempted but I realized that it probably was too good to be true.

and
""... gone through the regristration process (with false details, I dont want them phoning me)" - what the hell you are setting up bogus account instead of actually contacting them and ask? cheap trick"...did you not read the rest of the post? I did that to see if they had secure sign in etc... if it's a con then they'll say they do if I phone, and they don't

"-"...I recommend getting a blu-ray player of some sort too (even though they're expensive, maybe you could try and haggle Richer Sounds.."
-"If you have the available funds then going to Richer Sounds is always safe and easy to deal with..""

the person I was talking to was either going to buy online or at Richer Sounds, that's why I was saying that...someone doesn't read the entire post, good luck trying to undermine me :thumbsup:

I disagree.
you guys, got nothing better to do with your time??
almost every enthusiast here has been asked this annoying question, legit or not? I bought 52" Sony Bravia KDL-52W4000 from digitaltechmart.com, great price, prompt shipping, nice support.

This sounds very familiar, have you have posted this on other threads very recently?

Anyway, I'm sure you can't stop enjoying your purchase.

This sounds very familiar, have you have posted this on other threads very recently?

Anyway, I'm sure you can't stop enjoying your purchase.

If he bought it before a few weeks ago then I'm sure he's genuine, it's people who have bought something since around the 29th Jan '09 where it looks fishy, I think the website used to be fully functioning and legit etc... but there's been some suspicious activity going on withing the domain/ISP and other stuff (as people 'in the know' have informed me)

There's a couple of people recently registered who despite having hundreds of thousands of threads to look over the whole forum only seem to be interested in this thread and the one in General Chat dealing with the same subject.

Interestingly enough one only posts from a Canadian IP adress whilst the other registered from an American IP address but his subsequent posts are coming from London.

To be on the safeside I would take any comments made by these two with a huge pinch of sodium chloride

Yeah, I've just had a pinch and I'm trying to think of that song that Iron Maiden sang..

No HTTPS on payment details.

What's it called again?

Oh yes "run to the hills...run for your life"
either that or throw your money down the carzie.

Don't try to bomboozle Avforums veterans, lots of us are old enough to remember Iron Maiden and the likes.

Perhaps you'd be better off knocking on old peoples doors and telling them that they need their roof doing.

Why would someone from Canada order a massive LCD TV from Cyprus I wonder.

Maybe he got it from the other digitaltechmart.com based in Los Angeles

digitaltechmart.com, Los Angeles CA 90033

All smells legit to me.

Really? it a smells very fishy to me, there are so many things missing which you get even in the smaller websites, if the company is big enough to have bases in Cyprus, LA and London then they would have these things, especially 'https' secure payments

Really? it a smells very fishy to me, there are so many things missing which you get even in the smaller websites, if the company is big enough to have bases in Cyprus, LA and London then they would have these things, especially 'https' secure payments

Sorry, I should have indicated I was being sarcastic, you are correct, it does indeed smell fishy. The LA office is another thing that doesn't add up, if you look closely at that address on that link.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom