Digital Switchover Offer

P

Pig_Vomit

I realize this will be of no use to 99.9% of forum users but i was just wanting an opinion as to my options or if anyone has any ideas that i have overlooked to reduce the cost of my install/subs .
Just recieved a letter (last week) as i am in the copeland area and we get digital switchover on 17th this month.Sky are willing to offer existing customers a couple of `deals`!
Firstly they will install sky+ for £49 fitted ( no great shakes i know ,plus i already have sky+)
secondly they will do multiroom for £10 a month (so what i hear you say :) ) for the whole house no matter how many additional boxes you have.

So i got to thinking ,as i have been a customer for a while and i have been checking online, i can get skyHD for £169.99 (been holding off as i know some people have been offered it fo £149 ) i thought i would ring up and see what they were willing to do me for!:)

So after about 15mins on hold and several checks to supervisors the nice chap on the phone,Ryan came up with the following:

SkyHD and Sky+ installed ,multiroom £10 per month,HDsubs £10 month,total for equipment £268.I was willing to say yes to £220 for the equipment but he wasnt forthcoming with any deal,anyway hes gonna call me back tomorrow teatime to see if i want to go ahead.

On reflection im still paying to much for the HD box in my opinion and he also said i couldnt do a DIY install (which im pretty sure is wrong) i was gonna try to get it all for as i said around £220.
Anyone think this is a good / bad deal or would i be better off getting a HD off fleabay or somewhere and holding on a little longer?

All opinions welcome :thumbsup:
I also have a further old `hardrive modded` sky+ which i intend to fit in a bedroom.

I'd have no problems paying £268 for all the hardware and installation you are getting after paying £299 for HD at launch:)
As for the DIY then no SKY will not supply hardware for the user to install mainly for warranty issues that could be forthcoming, third party sources are around for getting the HD box as you know and then DIY with the warranty being done by the seller of the box not SKY.

I would like the £10 multiroom to be per household for everyone, surely the next step in the retention efforts.

I tried to take up the multi room offer to add some additional boxes throughout the house but was informed I was not elegible as I was already a multi room subscriber. I asked to cancel my subscription as I currently pay £55 per month and have never been eligible for any Sky offers. The guy in cancellations said if I was sent the offer I must be eligible but was supposed to call me back yesterday and hasn't, looks as though I will be cancelling tonight. I cannot see the problem as I am not getting anything for nothing, if I took out the offer now I would pay £10 per month which I currently pay and have for the past 2 1/2 years.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom