digital stream problem.

mechanic

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this query has been posted previously.I have looked through a lot of threads but it is taking forever.I have a Digital stream DHR 8250 that has developed a problem.When trying to fast forward or rewind a recording in SD or HD the machine freezes.It will eventually go back to play mode if left for some time. It will not respond to remote commands when it freezes. Most of the time i have to switch off at the mains. Info on the machine says Application 4.14r8683 Minicom 1.33. I have tried disc repair and a full rescan without the aerial and then with the aerial. (A rescan without the aerial previously resolved a problem of lost recordings and no hdd showing). But the problem remains.Wonder if an update of software/firmware would help? Or is the HDD on the way out.The machine must be at least 7 years old.

Thanks for the reply and the link Fred Smith.I see there are two different downloads. 4.22 DD version and 4.22PCM version. Can you tell me which one i should download please?

Which ever suits your AV or TV, details in the link.

Further to my problem.I have downloaded and updated my DS and it seems i still have the same problem.In fact just normal playback of recordings is a problem with freezing.I have replaced it with a Humax for the time being.But will still look to a repair.

Eventually got time to spend on my DS and have replaced the HDD .This seems to have cured the problem as the search feature back and forward works without the unit locking up/ freezing etc.I used the HDD from an old Sky HD box and it seems to work ok.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom