Digital Stream DHR8203U - HDD Failure??

cass19

Standard Member
Hope someone here can advise me.

Have had a Digital Stream PVR for 4 months. Until now have been very pleased with it's performance and reliability. This morning had a message flash up very quickly stating HDD being repaired. Checked in Media setting and shock horror all my recordings have gone :eek::eek:. Had tried various things such as switching power off, rebooting, etc to no avail. When I tried going into Others, Disk infomation nothing comes up, have also tried entering repair Disk mode, nothing happens and PVR freezes and shuts down completely. Have also tried to record but no success, just the reservation in the schedule ! The only option I haven't tried is the reformat Disk which I am not too sure about.

Am fearing the worse :mad:. If my assumptions are correct, as it is currently under 1 yr old, do I return it to the retailer it was purchased from or go direct to MIT via email?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

rip82

Hope someone here can advise me.

Have had a Digital Stream PVR for 4 months. Until now have been very pleased with it's performance and reliability. This morning had a message flash up very quickly stating HDD being repaired. Checked in Media setting and shock horror all my recordings have gone :eek::eek:. Had tried various things such as switching power off, rebooting, etc to no avail. When I tried going into Others, Disk infomation nothing comes up, have also tried entering repair Disk mode, nothing happens and PVR freezes and shuts down completely. Have also tried to record but no success, just the reservation in the schedule ! The only option I haven't tried is the reformat Disk which I am not too sure about.

Am fearing the worse :mad:. If my assumptions are correct, as it is currently under 1 yr old, do I return it to the retailer it was purchased from or go direct to MIT via email?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hi,
You can contact the retailer or MIT, you shouldn't have any problems in getting a replacement. Having said that, for any further advice I would suggest that you post your problem on the main Digital Stream Forum where you will get plenty of help. Support is first class.
This is the link for the Digital Stream master forum:http://www.avforums.com/forums/pvrs...3-5u-hd-pvr-master-thread-part-eleven-26.html

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom