Digital Stereo LOUDER then 5.1 Surround ?

Ibizaonice

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Monster Fiber Optical cable connected to the ADVANCE SCART CABEL , and a surround DTS system which support PRO LOGIC2 and the sound is much better if I choose ''Digital Stereo'' then 5.1 Surround in the Xbox 360 AUDIO menu..

In Digital Stereo I get Full surround and much louder and powerful sound.. Is this because of the PRO LOGIC2 system which displays in the receiver. ? Anyone knows ?

Pro Logic2 doesnt display if I choose 5.1 surround in the xbox 360 menu, It has to do something about the ProLogic2, don't yah think ?

On My AV Reciver i have noticed that DTS is alot quieter.

But if i turn it up the quality is better than stereo.

When set up correctly its much much better.

So cant say much more than turn it up, change your bass, treble and any other setting so it sounds good. If that fails your Av Reciver must be buggered because DTS WILL give you a much clearer sound.

your Digital Stero mode will be louder as the same stero audio will be coming out of the rear speakers also. In 5.1 only the speakers relevant to what you are watching/listening to will be active, eg speech-only will activate the front centre speaker, leaving the other four speakers doing nothing, hence the reduced volume. With the same scenario in Stereo, all speakers will be playing the same thing.

This works similar to how mono audio from two speakers can be louder than stereo audio from the same two speakers.

I'm sure someone with more knowhow can word it better than me :)

The sound is much better in Digital Stereo is it :rolleyes:

You are not getting proper surround sound in digital stereo it is created from the stereo source. If dolby digital is too quiet for you, then turn up the volume.

Ill stick with proper DD myself.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom