1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital STB for VCR

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Chris Frost, May 24, 2001.

1. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I've finally bitten the bullit and put in Sky. The box is a Pana TU-DSB31.

My Thomson VCR is a VPH7090 Scenium with an IR emitter for STB recording control. I've tried all of the codes from the Thomson handbook but the STB doesn't respond. The Sky box is sat on the VCR and the IR emitter is unobstructed.

Reading through this forum I know that several of you experts have made this feature work. Does anyone have my VCR/STB combination or could you offer advice?

Thanks in anticipation.

2. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried doing it the other way around i.e. have the digibox control the VCR? Many VCRs support this function - just select what you want to record from the Sky Personal Planner and set the VCR up for auto recording (see the manual). Hope this works.

3. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to admit to taking the easy way out and I do exactly what StephenR has suggested. My VCR (which wouldn't control a digibox anyway) can start recording when it detects the input from one of the Scart sockets. Couple this feature with the new Sky system and it is simplicity itself.

Of course this tends to grate a bit when you have already invested in a piece of equipment that can do the job.

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Thanks guys, I'll give this a go.

Regards