1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital SPDIF output juddering/skipping

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by chedmaster, Jul 20, 2005.

1. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Finally got my video settings sorted, no judder or anything there. Running 720x576 at 50hz on TV.

However, now the digital output of my sound card, when using nvidia dvd decoder, skips and judders all the time. This is in media center. When I use WinDVD's codec, the picture goes a nasty pink, and i have to enable the spdif output EVERY time cos it forgets, but when i do there is no skipping/juddering in the sound.

In WinDVD itself everything works, except it goes into theater mode on the tv and none of the keyboard controls work, all i can do is exit. Take it out of theater mode, and there is tearing in the picture all the time! :mad:

What i want is a dvd decoder, preferably a trial, that works with MCE and the spdif output doesnt judder. Or can someone help with my current configuration (either making intervideo MCE decoder work properly or make nvidia output spdif properly).

long question i know sorry guys!

2. RockySpieler

RockySpieler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I have Nvidia and it sometimes "forgets" SPDIF setting, especially when the SPDIF is stereo not 5:1. The PowerDVD audio plugins help, and seem to convert Stereo to 5.1 Ok, as do the WMP plugins. I am on WinXp.

On a similar theme I use SPDIF out (Optical from motherboard), and on "some files" the audio is slight out of sync with the Video. Is there an application or Ultility which can solve audio / video syncing issues.

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    See if reclock helps , don't know about any potential MCE issues though.

4. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    the thing is it all runs fine outside MCE. just got windvd 7 and that is amazing. so smooth and sharp. i just love the MCE interface. I noticed it uses over 80mb of ram/memory, maybe i need more ram?

5. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    also my rams only 266mhz, would investing in some 333 (dont think mobo supports 400) help? my friend has always said to me one 512mb of 333 is better than two at 266mhz, but hes a gamer, im not.

thanks for your replies :thumbsup:

6. crazyal

crazyal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Any developments on this problem as I have a similar problem with SPDIF output on the motherboard - I lose sound for a split second every 5 minutes exactly - very weird. Going to try Windvd decoder to see of that helps.

7. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    oh ive given up im afraid! your problem doesnt sound like mine though, this was literally every second.