Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Digital Sound switches off.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dinoprada2003, Jan 3, 2005.

1. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,161
    Hello People,

Iv'e only had my amp for a few days and I think it *may* be broken? :rolleyes:
    last night I was watching a X-men on DVD via my pc to my PJ when the DD soundtrack stops and the picture jumps ahead a few scenes!!! the LED on the amp now reads
    Neo *6* and 2 channels instead of DD. 5.1, Ok I thought must be a glitch? so I try the DVD again and the same thing happens then it decides to switch to 2.1 channels. So I jump a few chapters forward and it goes back to 5.1!? a few more chapters and I have no sound at all?
    Hmmmmmmmmm first thought is ok the DVD may be scratched? so I put on Queen of the dammed and about 50 mins through it does the same thing again! by this time it's 3 am in the morning and I decided to unistall power dvd and try again, Guess what! same thing happens!

Next day 9.45am

I uninstall my c:\ win XP partition thinking it *MAY* be because i'd been playing around with FFDSHOP,Cine Player and Zoomplayer and a few new audio codecs which may have screwed it up.So I install a fresh copy of WinXP on C:\ and reinstall Power DVD4, hoping this will fix said problem, Guess what?
    it doesent! :( Ok this is silly what the fudge! is going on im thinking to myself, At this point I decide to put X-men into home stand alone DVD player and yes you guessed it same thing happens! Now as I type this im trying the Entity on my home-dvd player so far im 30 mins into the film and no problems, ~Now this film has NEVER been watched ether on my Pc's DVD drive or my Standalone DVD drive.If this screws up would this be a faulty amp? Iv'e tried coaxial and optical leads and it still causes this odd error!?

Please help guys :( :( :(

2. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,161
    Entity played with no problems! put on godzilla(watched before) and DD skips and switches between 2.1 and 5.1! grrrrrrrr tried x-men on HCPC without it being connected to amp just using power dvd no optical to amp and it jumps skips audio!?? this looks like it's a case of scratched/damaged dvd's!!!? must be Pc dvd rom scratching dvd's :( ???

3. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,161
    I think I *may* have narrowed it done to ONLY the DVD's I watched while using FFDSHOW and Zoomplayer, I noticed that this problem only started then.It appears so far to be only the dvd's I have played on the PC using those app'z.While watching on said appz my playback was not 100% smooth Im thinking that maybe the slight skipping while using FFDSHOW may have caused the scratches and hence the audio/track and video skipping., Any thoughts guys? :confused: