1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Sound switches off.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dinoprada2003, Jan 3, 2005.

1. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    Hello People,

Iv'e only had my amp for a few days and I think it *may* be broken? :rolleyes:
    last night I was watching a X-men on DVD via my pc to my PJ when the DD soundtrack stops and the picture jumps ahead a few scenes!!! the LED on the amp now reads
    Neo *6* and 2 channels instead of DD. 5.1, Ok I thought must be a glitch? so I try the DVD again and the same thing happens then it decides to switch to 2.1 channels. So I jump a few chapters forward and it goes back to 5.1!? a few more chapters and I have no sound at all?
    Hmmmmmmmmm first thought is ok the DVD may be scratched? so I put on Queen of the dammed and about 50 mins through it does the same thing again! by this time it's 3 am in the morning and I decided to unistall power dvd and try again, Guess what! same thing happens!

Next day 9.45am

I uninstall my c:\ win XP partition thinking it *MAY* be because i'd been playing around with FFDSHOP,Cine Player and Zoomplayer and a few new audio codecs which may have screwed it up.So I install a fresh copy of WinXP on C:\ and reinstall Power DVD4, hoping this will fix said problem, Guess what?
    it doesent! :( Ok this is silly what the fudge! is going on im thinking to myself, At this point I decide to put X-men into home stand alone DVD player and yes you guessed it same thing happens! Now as I type this im trying the Entity on my home-dvd player so far im 30 mins into the film and no problems, ~Now this film has NEVER been watched ether on my Pc's DVD drive or my Standalone DVD drive.If this screws up would this be a faulty amp? Iv'e tried coaxial and optical leads and it still causes this odd error!?

Please help guys :( :( :(

2. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    Entity played with no problems! put on godzilla(watched before) and DD skips and switches between 2.1 and 5.1! grrrrrrrr tried x-men on HCPC without it being connected to amp just using power dvd no optical to amp and it jumps skips audio!?? this looks like it's a case of scratched/damaged dvd's!!!? must be Pc dvd rom scratching dvd's :( ???

3. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    I think I *may* have narrowed it done to ONLY the DVD's I watched while using FFDSHOW and Zoomplayer, I noticed that this problem only started then.It appears so far to be only the dvd's I have played on the PC using those app'z.While watching on said appz my playback was not 100% smooth Im thinking that maybe the slight skipping while using FFDSHOW may have caused the scratches and hence the audio/track and video skipping., Any thoughts guys? :confused: