1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Sound and Component video

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TheeNoMaD, Feb 5, 2005.

1. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought the dsp750 from my local sevenoaks! (helpful as hell by the way reccie local dealers!) and i am going to use the video switching on it to send to my newly purchased Optoma h30a however i want to set my xbox up so that it will go into my av receiver via component and also have digital sound via optical.
    I have a advanced scart that has an optical out on it for my x-box and I know ixos do a component cable. But no company seems to have both!!! Any ideas? :smashin:

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MS Hi-def kit has component and digital audio output - only available from US though (dvdboxoffice and lik-sang pop to mind)

there are third party solutions but most people tend to have PQ issues with them. I use one I bought from game or somewere to send video/audio to amp whilst DVD and sky go via an JS Tech RGB2YUC convert to amp.

Amps component output then feeds to Plasma panel. PQ on both is pretty impressive (Sky dependent on channel though).

regards
    Gary