Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

digital slide show software..

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by chrisgeary, Oct 15, 2003.

1. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    I have a CRT projector and a laptop hooked up to it currently at 1280x1024. The image quality is superb and easily good enough for digital slide shows. I'm looking for suggestions for software to run the slide show - what i'm looking for is the ability to really slowly and smoothly fade between two images so you hardly know they are changing but also have the ability to run a regular slide show. so there are two modes - background mode (like wallpaper that changes - if you have seen the movie Antitrust, thats kinda what i wanted to achieve) and show mode (for showing images in a regular slide show, probably with direct transitions only). the fade must be really smooth, not like powerpoint which has about 50 pixels for its dissolve. i know that will probably require a lot of processing power, but is there such a thing out there?

Thanks =)

Chris

2. pinatubo

pinatubo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try ProShow Gold :-
    www.photodex.com
    There are many others including ACDSee,PicturestoEXE.

3. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +550
    Saw a demo of PicturestoEXE last night and was v.impressed for a $25 piece of software - simple to use with excellent control over dissolves, timings and music ... shame for me its PC only !!

Jon

4. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    iPhoto does a basic slide show - no control over transitions tho. Shame.

5. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    I ended up using My Slide Show 2 from http://www.anixsoft.com .. very simply, but it does the fade transition, allows me to put a caption at the bottom which i use to promote my website and the screensaver it generates can be configured not to stop with a mouse movement (very useful for projecting images at home as a kinda moving wallpaper!), in fact the mouse buttons can be used to advance to the next image. also it will do random mode.

thx for all the input though. Proshow Gold came a close second.