Digital reception oddities

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by PJnewbie, Aug 2, 2004.

1. PJnewbie

PJnewbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just set up my PACE Twin digibox and all has been well, until the last few days I seem to have lost BBC THREE and FOUR. On Friday night it was breaking up horribly, then on Saturday it went completely, giving me a "Channel Not Available" message.

I could get BBC Parliament and CBeebies ok though. Oddly, my signal strength was down to 42% on Friday, but last night was back up around 68%. Do I need my aerial realigned possibly? Do I have a prob with Multiplex B only?

My aerial is in the loft but 4 floors up and I get great analogue reception even without the aerial connected! Picture on all other Digital channels is perfect.

Any ideas?

Thanks all.

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A loft aerial can easily be affected by conductive objects nearby - for example human beings moving around directly below. If there's a plastic water tank nearby, the water level can have an effect. Also rainwater on the roof and electrical interference from nearby wiring. Basically, a loft aerial is far from ideal.

In addition to that, I read a post from a guy last year who had problems that he traced to a ruddy great crane that some building contractors had positioned a mile from his house but directly in line with his transmitter! each time the crane swung round, it wiped out half his channels.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    He HE good old cranes, Half of cardiff loose FV due to a big site with 3-4 large cranes on it.