• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

digital picture frame

Madkitty

Established Member
can anyone recommend a good one? it needs to be silver or black - not too fussed if this also includes clear glass. Did take a fancy to the philips but thats white :eek:

mr jones

Established Member
i genuinely dont see the point in these things

im sure they're just something you buy thinking "what a good idea" (like a bread maker) and use about once or twice.

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
I'm not sure. I'm often wondering what photos of the kids to put in a frame, and an automatically changing frame might be good.

don't consider it something you'd be actively watching, but more somethign that might elicite new emotions/responses when you glance at it on occasion.

Although if its in your home you could buy a cheap LCD monitor and stick a bit of wood around it and just run it from your PC.

mr jones

Established Member
im sure a number of simple well taken pictures would be a longer lasting memory and look vastly superior to a large number of rotating pictures of the kids sticking there tongues out.

images look so much better when printed rather than displayed on a screen.

*goes back to play with his new icecream maker*

shoehorn

Established Member
richard plumb said:
don't consider it something you'd be actively watching, but more somethign that might elicite new emotions/responses when you glance at it on occasion
I think they're a great idea - you can set them to change every 24 hours or longer (I think) - all those pics of my children I've got could be on display! :clap:
They all just seemed to be overpriced.

D

dskphoto

The prices are coming down slowly, but be wary of the cheaper models. The difference in display can vary quite a lot. At first I thought they were a gimmick, but this year I am planning to get one for my parents - I am going through all the early photos of my children and scanning them, plus sneak some of the earlier ones of my sisters and me from my parents house and make a slide show for them. Ideally a bigger screen the better but wont be paying over the odds for one.

I do prefer printed photos, but for something like a child slideshow these seem ideal.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom