digital picture frame

Madkitty

Established Member
Reaction score
can anyone recommend a good one? it needs to be silver or black - not too fussed if this also includes clear glass. Did take a fancy to the philips but thats white :eek:

i genuinely dont see the point in these things

im sure they're just something you buy thinking "what a good idea" (like a bread maker) and use about once or twice.

I'm not sure. I'm often wondering what photos of the kids to put in a frame, and an automatically changing frame might be good.

don't consider it something you'd be actively watching, but more somethign that might elicite new emotions/responses when you glance at it on occasion.

Although if its in your home you could buy a cheap LCD monitor and stick a bit of wood around it and just run it from your PC.

im sure a number of simple well taken pictures would be a longer lasting memory and look vastly superior to a large number of rotating pictures of the kids sticking there tongues out.

images look so much better when printed rather than displayed on a screen.

*goes back to play with his new icecream maker*

richard plumb said:
don't consider it something you'd be actively watching, but more somethign that might elicite new emotions/responses when you glance at it on occasion
I think they're a great idea - you can set them to change every 24 hours or longer (I think) - all those pics of my children I've got could be on display! :clap:
They all just seemed to be overpriced.

The prices are coming down slowly, but be wary of the cheaper models. The difference in display can vary quite a lot. At first I thought they were a gimmick, but this year I am planning to get one for my parents - I am going through all the early photos of my children and scanning them, plus sneak some of the earlier ones of my sisters and me from my parents house and make a slide show for them. Ideally a bigger screen the better but wont be paying over the odds for one.

I do prefer printed photos, but for something like a child slideshow these seem ideal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom