digital picture breakup- idtv/set top box

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Tel boy, May 29, 2001.

1. Tel boy

Tel boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Tiberious,
    Has your IDT got the option of an auto update?
    (Menu 7 = technical information. 3 = auto update)
    You could give this a try. I have a Pioneer S.T.B. that used to freeze up all the time especially if you used the P+ P- to flick through the channels but the update seemed to cure it. (It still freezes occasionally but nowhere as bad as it was). Have you tried connecting the Ariel only to the T.V. is it just as bad? Give the update a go you never know!

Hope this helps you M8.

Regards Tel. :)

2. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Tel !

I tried the auto update a couple of times- just says "update error" (which the manual says means has latest software already).

Also tried bypassing the vcr, aerial direct in to Tv - seemed to work for a while , then happened again (anyway, would mean couldn`t watch analogue channel if taping digital, correct ??).

Interesting about use of the p+/- buttons though - they have sure been given a pounding these last couple of days, so maybe there`s something in that.

I`ll keep researching the next couple of days,see if anything cures/reduces the problem.

Anyone else suffer these problems ?

3. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay,

I have a set top box (ondig), and just got an idtv (philips6834c).

In the 5 months I have had the set top box, I have never had any problems with picture breakup (mosaic), but with the idtv, it seems to occur quite regularly (to the point of distraction !!).

They both run off the same aerial, and the signal strenth shows as good - so why do I get the red dot treatment - and why only on the idtv ?

Is the signal strength indicator valid for each channel, or is it general ?

Any ideas how I can sort this little problem?

All help gratefully received, as the good Lady continually saying " why can`t we have a regular tv", is starting to get me down !!

Cheers chaps !!