Question Digital Photo Printer. After Advice Please?

Vintage06

Established Member
Reaction score
Good Morning. It's been awhile since i posted on Avforums but it was the first place i thought of to ask this question. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

My girlfriend has hinted about getting a wireless digital photo printer for christmas. One which she can print photos off of our holidays and when needed.

I'm confused as there is absolutely hundreds of makes/models etc.

Ideally i'd like it to be small/compact with wifi (to avoid a string of cables) and capable of reading sd cards etc.

Also it'd be a help if it was kind on ink - Don't want to be paying a fortune for ink every time i use it.

I looked at this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Photosma...p/B000VBDP50/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Any other options would be brilliant.

Thanks for your help!

Matt

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
My brother in law has a Canon SELPHY printer (long discontinued) which he really likes. The print quality is OK and it has a battery so you can print anywhere which might interest some people.

I favour using online printing as I don't print much and don't find waiting a couple of days a problem but it's hard to wrap up Photobox and put it under the tree :)

Some questions that might help you narrow things down...
How much are you wanting to spend?
What size(s) of print are you hoping to produce?
How often are you likely to print?
How many prints are you likely to do at a time?

My brother in law has a Canon SELPHY printer (long discontinued) which he really likes. The print quality is OK and it has a battery so you can print anywhere which might interest some people.

I favour using online printing as I don't print much and don't find waiting a couple of days a problem but it's hard to wrap up Photobox and put it under the tree :)

Some questions that might help you narrow things down...
How much are you wanting to spend?
What size(s) of print are you hoping to produce?
How often are you likely to print?
How many prints are you likely to do at a time?

Thanks for your response and help :)

She's planning on using a website to get a massive bulk of photo's printed out but she wants to be able to print photos occasionally on this for photo frames/sending to her parents/grandparents etc so maybes 5-6 photos at a time, Once a fortnight maybes a bit less.

Spending - Well ideally not hundreds. I've seen some about £80. But for a much better one i am willing to spend more.

If you only want to print photos in a fixed format then those type of printers will give you great prints - the cost per print is pretty high though with the cartridges having what look to me to be very low print numbers.
The Canon version uses dye sublimation which IIRC is supposed to be better than inkjet for photos not sure about the HP you linked to.
If you want something more flexible then you're looking at a larger A4 inkjet.

I'd be tempted to look at the printers that Photographic retailers offer to narrow your selection e.g.
Desktop Inkjet Printers - Printers - Wex Photographic

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom