Digital Photo Frame

GeordieJamie

Looking to buy one of these for the Father in law who is into his photography. Just wonderig inf anyone on here knew of the best type to go for or any great deals? thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

daveb975

I have got 9" and 7" Philips frames. When I got them a few months ago, the Philips frames were the only ones that I liked the IQ on. They were quite expensive compared to some other brands, but worth the difference.

Perhaps some other brands have come out with better frames in the last few months.

I paid about £80 for my 7" Philips (normally about £120), but the 9" was quite a lot more.

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
I bought a philips one a while ago. Was the only one that was good enough IMO - all the others had poor viewing angles which would be washed out from the sides. the philips was excellent

don't know if things have moved on since (that was about 12 months ago).

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
Philips is the one, it's the only one that has a decent resolution. Other ones look the same size, but check out the resolution of cheaper alternatives.

MitsiTurbo

The two (7" or 10") i-mate momento frames are very good. They use the philips LCD so get good picture quality. My favorite feature of them is the built in wireless. Your photos can be shown from card/usb stick etc or you can use WMP11 library sharing and stream them directly from the PC. I find this ideal as you just add new photos into your library and they show on the frame straight away. It also has compatibility for Vista sideshow allowing it popup a message when you have a new email etc although I havent tried this yet. Only thing I dont like is the menu interface can be quite slow and getting it onto your wireless network can be a bit of a nightmare

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom