Digital Photo Frame - US Delivery

Monty Burns

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

i'm looking to get my retired mum, living in Florida, a digital photo frame. Thing is, I can't work out ones with good screens? Can anyone recomend one around 7" +/- that I can buy from Amazon.COM for somewhere between £50-75 GBP?

Thanks for your advice!

P.s. It will also need to take an SD card and shuffle show in a 4:3 ratio.

This looks to have decent reviews.

4:3 isn't very common & a lot claiming HD aren't what I'd call high res. This one is 4:3 & 800 x 600 which should be fine on an 8" screen. The Jessops own-brand one I bought my parents a few years back is the same size & has the same resolution & is perfectly OK.

They also do 12" & 15" versions if you want to spend a bit more.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
thanks, good find! I'd rather not go larger, its not a question of money, its a question of resolution. That will go to the top of the list :thumbsup:

You've just got the challenge now of setting it up remotely! I set my parents' one up prior to giving it to them but getting new pics added over the phone was a challenge. No matter what I tried, they couldn't get it to show as USB storage so it had to wait until my next visit. Turns out that wedging a USB A connector into an RJ45 ethernet socket doesn't work... :rolleyes:

A review would be useful as it's also available on Amazon UK.

lol - i think even i've done that ... also put ethernet cables in modem sockets as well hehehe (And I work in IT!)

I'm going to post over an SD Card with our wedding photo's on it which should also leave about 6gb spare for her to put her own on.

I won't be over Florida way until May im afraid!

Kodak do one called the Pulse which lets you email photos directly to it - provided it has local wifi. I'm thinking of getting some for the grandparents. Quite pricey though - at the early-stage of research at the moment.

That Kodak looks quite good in theory but I wonder how secure the device's account is? How long before it starts receiving spam?

Great to see another example of converting the USA price in dollars to GBP by simply changing the symbol in front of the numbers. :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom