1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digital panel shortlist

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr.D, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Here we go then time to ditch the ae100.
    Mainly because I'm after HD resolution.

Immersive Virtuoso : saw this at the event and I found the picture quality cracking: on a par with the CRTs contrast wise but potentially better colour. However I saw a couple of major rainbows initially. This wasn't necessarily repeatable but I think I'd need to spend a bit more time with one of these.

Sony VPLW12HT ( saw an 11HT at the event: again pretty good picture , surprised at the fairly low looking black level (12HT supposed to be even better) HD looked cracking on this unit. Colour was wonderful.Need to hear how noisy this beasty is. Demo next week hopefully. ( anyone in London want to give me a demo of a decently setup unit?)

Domino 30. yet to see but I like the spec and I thought the colour was great on the HT200 I saw a few years back.

back to the grindstone

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Keith,

At current money (c. £3000) the 12HT has to be a serious contender - v. solid build, no known reliability issues and a wealth of info re calibration. If the 11ht's blacks and contrast impressed, then a tweaked 12 should really be "up there".

Have to say that my only DLP encounters (HT1000s, the one
    reviewed by Kramer and one owned by a fellow member) really had gorgeous image performance - serious contrast performance and super out-of-the-box image fidelity.

Have fun choosing.........................;)

Sean G.

3. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    If the Immersive price is a bit out of reach, try to get a look at the BenQ 8700. Its about half the price of the Immersive but is still an excellent HD2 projector, perhaps not quite as good as the Immersive but very close. Also the Sharp Z10k price is dropping so you could pick that up for around £5k - thats a cracking machine by anyone's standard.

There is an excellent thread on a comparison of Domino 20 (but I'm sure it delves into the 30 as well) verses the NEC1000 here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=311457&highlight=domino

Well worth a read!

Paul